Bulletproof coffee recipe can be really beneficial for your health. Bulletproof coffee (or butter coffee) is a patented coffee drink containing of “upgraded” black coffee blended with “Brain Octane oil” and grass-fed butter.
Brain Octane oil is up to 18 times more powerful than coconut oil for improved cognitive function. It’s the most valuable 8-carbon section of medium-chain triglyceride oil. The recipe was made by Dave Asprev, who claims that the beverage boosts weight loss and cognitive performance, and it has been consumed by Silicon Valley entrepreneurs and sports people.
The healthy twist on butter coffee or bulletproof coffee is made with coconut oil and ghee. Some experts claim that this beverage supports weight loss, boosts energy, and balances hormones with maca powder and cinnamon. Plus, collagen provides this Paleo butter coffee a protein boost that is good for inflammation, digestion, and skin.
The Benefits of Bulletproof Coffee
The bulletproof coffee benefits are far reaching, especially when you use grass-fed, organic butter. Unquestionably, grass-fed cows are way healthier than grain-fed or factory-farmed cows since their bodies aren’t made to digest grain. Therefore, the butter they produce reveals their good health.
- Grass-fed butter is higher in CLA and Omega-3s than conventional butter. CLA can help to lower high blood pressure and “bad” cholesterol, reduce inflammation and tumors, and essentially lower body fat.
- Glass-fed butter is also higher in butyrate, which is a short-chain fatty acid that can both decrease and prevent inflammation. This fatty acid also supports healthy insulin levels, assists detoxification, improves colon health, and can be beneficial for people suffering from ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, and IBS.
- Grass-fed butter is nutrient-dense food. Just one tablespoon of this butter contains more carotene than carrots, 500 IU Vitamin A, and is abundant in Vitamin E, Vitamin D, and Vitamin K2.
Hence, you shouldn’t be afraid of butter! But, remember – it is healthy when consumed in little amounts, too much butter can make you fat!
Energy from medium-chain fatty acids burns additional fats in your system, optimizing cholesterol levels and leading to weight loss!
While you can use organic butter in this healthy coffee recipe, we actually suggest using grass-fed ghee instead. And here is why:
I opt for clarified butter (ghee) rather than using grass-fed butter in this coffee recipe, which is actually an amazing option for high heat cooking!
There is one main difference between regular and ghee butter. Ghee is actually shelf stable (which means that you can leave it out on the counter without any fear of it going bad).
Ghee = Butter – water – milk solids
Regular butter = butter fat + water + milk solids
Therefore, ghee has all of the welfares of grass-fed butter, nonetheless, without the casein and lactose. It is dairy-free, making it an ideal choice for anyone with gut issues, allergies, or vegetarian leanings.
Bulletproof Coffee to Balance Hormones
Moreover, ghee is rich in Butyric Acid that helps your stomach digest foods and it assists your body to integrate other nutrients when consumed in conjunction with ghee.
Actually, in Ayurveda, herbs are usually mixed with ghee in order to be more easily absorbed by the body. AND if you add cinnamon and maca powder to this healthy butter coffee – their effects will be even more potent due to the ghee!
And what are the effects of cinnamon and maca?
Cinnamon is a perfect addition to a coffee, especially in the holiday season. It is a healthy spice that can help balance blood sugar (that is a most important first thing in the morning). Cinnamon can also lower the risk of diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. For more cinnamon benefits, go here: LINK
Maca root is a member of the cruciferous family, like cabbage and broccoli, and is an adaptogen that is considered a super food because of its positive effects on energy levels, hormone balance, and overall health. Maca root health benefits include boosted the immune system, increased fertility both in women and men, hormone balance, improved focus, memory, and sexual function, increased stamina and energy.
Which brings us to the final ingredient in this healthy coffee recipe: collagen.
The health benefits of collagen are so impressive! It can help break down proteins and soothe the gut’s lining, reduce joint pain, improve your skin appearance, increase your metabolism, support detox of the body, reduce the appearance of cellulite, strengthens hair, nails, and teeth.
If all those benefits were not enough, this bulletproof coffee is also very creamy and delicious drink that you will enjoy it! Plus, you will feel full of energy, satisfied, and ready to tackle the day ahead. Following, you can find the recipe:
Bulletproof Coffee Recipe
- 1-2 tablespoons of unsalted organic butter
- 1-2 tablespoons of “Brain Octane Oil” (or ghee)
- 1-2 cups (around 250-500 ml) of hot “upgraded” coffee (coffee brewed with low-toxin beans) using a metal filter (as gold filter drip or French press)
- Make coffee: brew coffee as you usually would. Ensure it’s the right kind of coffee. In case you cannot find “upgraded” coffee use the best one you can find in your area.
- Pre-heat blender: while the coffee brews to pre-heat the blender – boil water and put it into it.
- Froth: Next, dump out the warm water from the pre-heated blender and add the “Brain Octane Oil”, butter, and brewed coffee. Blend till there is a thick foam layer on top just like a latte.
- Optional: Add cinnamon, maca root, or dark chocolate. You can use stevia or honey as a sweetener.
Possible Side Effects of Drinking Bulletproof Coffee
To get the appropriate advantages of butter coffee benefits it’s recommended to drink bulletproof coffee no more than 2 cups a day. Otherwise, there might be some side effects as nausea, anxiety, irregular heartbeat, or other issues related to the heart.
Not all coffee is made equal. The wrong one will cause sugar cravings, sap your energy, and leave you feeling irritable and lethargic. This is actually the main reason people think they don’t tolerate coffee. It is not coffee they don’t tolerate; it is the mold toxins in it. Bulletproof coffee contains 3 synergistic elements to improve your day: “upgrade” coffee blended with unsalted grass-fed butter and “Brain Octane Oil”. This drink may help you improve digestion, balance your hormones, and boost your energy. But, remember – DO NOT drink more than 2 cups of butter coffee per day.
If you liked this article, please like our Facebook page:
You can also follow us on Google+: