Constipation relief strategies will help you get rid of this unpleasant condition. It is one of the most common issues that usually happens because a person’s diet does not include enough fiber and fluids.
In general, constipation means that you have 3 or fewer bowel movements per week. However, regardless of whether you visit the toilet 3 times per day or 3 times per week, the constipation symptoms are often the same for every person. If you are not having normal bowel movements, or if your stool is very hard and dry, or even painful you are probably having a bout of constipation.
Some of the main causes of constipation are insufficient water intake, poor diet, irregular defecation habit, weakness of stomach muscles, lack of physical activities, stress, hemorrhoids, laxative abuse, and intake of certain medications.
Fortunately, constipation is rarely a sign of more serious disease and usually can be eliminated without any drastic measures. Actually, there are some great home remedies for constipation relief that can act fast and ease the discomfort.
It is truly beneficial for constipation relief as it acts as a mild laxative. Consume it on a daily base to prevent and treat stomach problems.
- Eat 2 teaspoons of honey 3 times per day.
- Or you can mix 1 tablespoon of honey in a glass of warm lemon water and drink it each morning on an empty stomach.
- Castor Oil
- Swallow 1-2 teaspoons of castor oil each morning on an empty stomach. The taste is not pleasant at all, so you can consume it along with a fresh orange juice.
You will feel a great constipation relief within a few hours.
Note: Do not repeat the castor oil remedy for a prolonged period because it can cause certain side effects.
It has various medicinal properties due to its rich content of omega-3 fatty acids and fiber. It also has amazing laxative properties that can be useful in healing mild to serious constipation cases.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of flax seed in 1 glass of water. Allow it to rest for two to 2-3 hours. Consume the water every day before going to bed. You will feel instant constipation relief.
Constipation can be prevented and remedied with the 3 Fs: fiber, fluids, and fitness.
- Lemon Water
- Squeeze the juice of ½ a lemon and add it to a glass of lukewarm water. For fast results add 1 tablespoon of honey or a pinch of Epsom salt.
- Consume one glass of lemon water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and one glass before going to bed.
In terms of a delicious and tasty tea for constipation, peppermint tea is a marvelous choice. It can help improve digestive function and help eliminate constipation.
- Prepare a cup of peppermint tea and consume it 2-3 times a day. You will feel the relieve really fast.
This tea has great detoxifying properties and can also aid provide hormone balance.
- Dandelion Tea
Dandelion plant has numerous health benefits. It is an effective remedy for water retention and can also serve as a mild laxative for relieving constipation.
- Prepare a cup of dandelion tea and consume it a few times a day to feel the benefits.
Even a 15-minute walk each day can aid move food through the bowel more quickly. In case you feel sleepy after a meal, skip the bed and have a walk instead of lying down. Bump-starting the digestive process will help you avoid the full feeling that usually follows a big meal.
Home remedies can relieve your pain and calm your stomach. Herbal therapies are one of the oldest forms of treating constipation. Different cultures around the world have used herbs for constipation relief for million years. Castor oil has an unpleasant taste but is truly helpful for many stomach ailments. If you have frequent constipation that means your metabolism is giving you a sign that is time to start exercising. Use these remedies for 2-4 days’ maximum to eliminate constipation. If you are still constipated after that time, you need to see your doctor.