Lemon is high in Vitamin C and potassium, which controls blood pressure, stimulates nerve and brain function and protects the body against immune system deficiency. Lemon is also very acidic. It contains ascorbic and citric acid responsible for its great antioxidant properties.
Health Benefits of Warm Lemon Water
Lemons contain more potassium than grapes and apples. They are also full of nutrients, including calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, fiber, vitamin C, and B-complex vitamins.
There are numerous health benefits from lemon and warm water, here are the most significant ones:
- Keep you away from the common cold
- Helps you lose weight
- Prevents the growth of pathogenic bacteria that cause diseases and infections
- An immense benefit to the skin prevents formation of acne and wrinkles
- Provides energy to the liver enzymes and strengthens the liver
- Reduces inflammation and pain in knees and joints
- Balance the oxygen and calcium levels in the liver in case of a heartburn
- Helps in the production of digestive juices
- Maintains the health of the eyes
Will Drinking Lemon Water Help You Lose Weight?
In terms of weight loss, warm lemon water has shown great demonstrable results.
Firstly, the combination of warm water and lemon it has natural substances that are the healthiest for the body. So, because of the fact that this is a natural combination, without any calories, makes it perfect for your body and health.
Secondly, warm lemon water is a really good friend of yours, as it helps the digestive system, encourages the bile production, and makes the process of removing the waste products from the body easier. Therefore, it prevents diarrhea and constipation.
Finally, lemon water makes you feel full and reduces the desire to eat more, helps replenish body salts, particularly after a strenuous workout session.
How much to consume?
- If you weigh over 130 pounds, you should squeeze 1 lemon into a glass of lukewarm water, every morning on an empty stomach.
- If you weigh less than 130 pounds, you should squeeze ½ lemon into a glass of lukewarm water, every morning on an empty stomach.
Consume it first thing in the morning, wait for about 15 to 30 minutes and then you can have breakfast. It will help you completely receive the benefits of lemon and warm water.
Note: The lemon can be hard on the enamel of the teeth, so it is truly important to dilute it with a lukewarm water.
Drink warm lemon water because it is extremely hydrating and amazingly beneficial for your health. It will also help you in the weight loss process. Packed with all these goodness, it certainly makes a point to start your day with a glass of lemon water. It has powerful healing and cleansing effects that are incredibly beneficial for your health and weight in a long run.
If you liked this article, please like our Facebook page:
You can also follow us on Google+: