Easy to make, super healthy and really delicious raspberry mousse!
Consuming fruits and veggies of all sorts has long been linked with a decreased risk of numerous adverse health ailments.
Many studies have found that increasing intake of plant foods like raspberries reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, and overall mortality while promoting an increased energy, healthy complexion, and lower weight.
A report in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition linked the consumption of flavonoid-rich foods as raspberries with a lower risk of death from heart disease. They specified that even little amounts of flavonoid-rich foods can be beneficial. In order to eat healthy and tasty food, Your Health Tubers offer you this delicious raspberry mousse recipe:
Servings 6 (around 1 ½ cups)
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, plus more for topping (or frozen raspberries, defrosted)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1¼ cups cashews or macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2¼ teaspoons unflavored gelatin (or 3 gelatin leaves)
- Add the cashews/macadamia nuts, maple sugar, 1 cup of water, and lime juice to a blender or food processor, and pulse until creamy and smooth, around 1 minute.
- In a saucepan, combine the gelatin with 2 tablespoons of water. Next, heat the blend over medium heat, stirring constantly until the gelatin dissolves. Put the dissolved gelatin and raspberries in the blender and beat for around 30 seconds.
- Strain the mixture in order to remove the raspberry seeds, optional. Divide mouse into around 6 ramekins and place in the fridge until the mouse sets.
- This will take around 2-3 hours in the fridge or you can set the cups in the freezer for around 30 to 60 minutes. Serve with some fresh (or defrosted) raspberries.
Note: To make this recipe nut-free, you can use one can of full-fat coconut milk and omit the water and nuts called for in this raspberry mousse recipe.
If you liked this article, please like our Facebook page:
You can also follow us on Google+:
photo by fearlessdining.com