A Candida infection, (often referred to as Yeast Infection or Thrush) is a yeast organism which is normally present in the body. In ideal conditions, Candida organisms take place and produce an infection. These infections are more prevalent nowadays than in the past in part due to the widespread use of antibiotics. Therefore, in this article, Your Health Tubers suggest you some of the best herbal remedies that may help you treat candida naturally and help you get rid of the unpleasant feeling.
Candida occurs most often in the mouth, vagina, penis, and breast. Sometimes they can even affect the skin. Common symptoms may include:
- burning during urination;
- a rash on the head of the penis or the outer lips of the vagina;
- white odorless vaginal discharge (which looks a little like cottage cheese);
- a yeasty odor;
- white streaks in the mouth, and
- pain during intercourse.
Other symptoms may include:
- Skin and nail fungal infections, such as toenail fungus or athlete’s foot
- Feeling worn down and tired, or suffering from fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue
- Digestive problems such as diarrhea, constipation, or bloating
- Autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis, scleroderma, psoriasis, lupus, ulcerative colitis, arthritis, or Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
- Brain fog, ADHD, ADD, lack focus, poor memory, and difficulty concentrating
- Skin issues like rashes, hives, psoriasis, and eczema.
- Mood swings, irritability, depression, or anxiety
- Vaginal itching, rectal itching, urinary tract infection (UTI), or vaginal infections
- Itchy ears or severe seasonal allergies
- Strong refined carbohydrate and sugar cravings
Infections are typically caused by Candida albicans. They can be passed back and forth between partners, therefore, if one gets an infection, it will be best to treat both sexual partners.
Tampons could also increase the occurrence of infection because they can create an environment that yeast finds fortunate.
Naturally, Candida albicans are present in the intestines and it’s when there is an imbalance that can be caused by the usage of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, high sugar, and corticosteroids.
Treat Candida Naturally with Herbs
Herbs can supplement standardized treatment. Here are the best natural remedies for candida infection.
- Oregano –the oregano oil is thought to reduce candida infection. Take oregano oil capsules orally and add 8-10 drops of the oil to your bath for best results.
- Garlic – consume fresh garlic or take it as a supplement to eliminate yeast infection. Garlic has powerful anti-fungal, antibacterial, and antiseptic properties.
- Stinging nettle – consume nettle tea in order to nourish the body and boost it to get enough strength to ease the infection.
- Neem – you can take neem capsules in accordance with the directions on the label in order to help fight off the infection. Neem is really effective remedy for treating many vaginal issues.
- Rosemary – I personally recommend drinking rosemary tea for treating vaginal infections. It has potent anti-fungal properties and can help destroy yeast cells. This tea can be taken up to 3 times a day. Remember, if you are pregnant you should reduce the amount of drinking rosemary tea to one cup per day. Find more about the benefits of this herb: 11 Surprising Health Benefits of Rosemary and Its Memorable Flavor
- Goldenseal – it’s a powerful herb with antibiotic properties and can help defeat candida infections. Take according to the directions on the label or from your health care provider.
- Echinacea – you can take Echinacea in a form of capsule according to label directions. This herb has antibacterial and anti-fungal effects and can stimulate the immune system.
- Lemon juice – the fresh lemon juice, as well as its rind, is beneficial treating many infections and can help you treat candida naturally. Consult your doctor before applying lemon juice in case of very sensitive skin.
- Tea Tree Oil – it is truly beneficial for treating many ailments, as well as candida infections. Simply apply some tea tree based gel or cream, as directed by the label. See also: Tea Tree Oil: Health Benefits, Side Effects, Interactions and Dosing
- Calendula –simply infuse 4-6 grams of dried calendula flowers in one liter of boiling water for about 5-7 minutes. Let it cool down. Then, strain and bathe the genital area twice a day.
- Chamomile – just infuse one sachet of chamomile flowers in a cup of boiling water for about five minutes. Then, bathe your vagina/penis 1-2 times per day.
- Aloe Vera – you can use aloe Vera extract to reduce burning and itching for candida infections of the mouth, penis, and vagina.
- Clove – the clove oil has shown great results in treating candida.
- Lavender – infuse 2-3 grams of dried lavender flowers in a cup of boiling water for ten minutes. Let it cool down for a while. Next, strain and batch the vagina/penis 1-2 times per day. Check out: How Lavender Tea Can Benefit Your Health?
Essential oils may also help you treat candida naturally.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil – just add a few drops of this oil onto a tampon and insert into your vagina in order to treat vaginal infection.
- Lavender Essential Oil – add a few drops of lavender essential oil to your bath.
Severe candida could infect the blood and deeper tissues and may cause a life-threatening infection. Visit your doctor immediately if your symptoms worsen. You should also visit your GP if you have repeated incidences of candida infection. Diabetics are usually more prone to this infection.
In order to treat candida successfully, you need to do 3 things: build up the friendly bacteria, stop the yeast overgrowth, and heal the gut so that candida infection can no longer enter the bloodstream. Though not a serious condition, it is important to treat the infection as soon as you notice the first symptoms. A proper candida diet is an important step for successful treatment.
Herbal treatment is a good way to treat candida naturally. Herbs can be a part of the treatment, but we advise you to visit your doctor in order to solve the problem and prevent further infections.
If you liked this article, please like our Facebook page:
You can also follow us on Google+: