Yeast infection (or Candida) is a vaginal infection. Yeast live inside the vagina in small and harmless numbers until the fungi grow out of control and that’s when the problems begin. Yeast infection affects up to 76% of women at some point in their life.
Yeast Infection Symptoms
The symptoms of vaginal yeast infection can range from mild to moderate. They include:
- Itching and irritation
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Redness of the vulva
- Pain during sex
- Vaginal rash and soreness
- Vaginal discharge (odd vaginal smell, cottage cheese kind of vagina look)
You can treat yeast infection at home using these effective natural remedies:
A fresh garlic clove is one the most effective natural remedies when comes to yeast infection. It can easily cure this infection. The main thing is to catch the yeast infection early. Those women who suffer from frequent yeast infections knows that kind of feeling very well. However, you should use garlic right away when the itching appears.
- Take 3-4 raw garlic cloves with each meal.
- Take a fresh garlic clove and peel it off. Before sleeping put the clove into your vagina. In the morning, remove it and throw it away. One treatment may be just enough to destroy the vaginal infection. But in case, you still fell the itching repeat this procedure. Continue 1 or 2 days more until the itchiness is completely gone.
- Raw honey
Honey may not be the most popular treatment for yeast infections, but there are many females who swear by its use.
Honey has excellent health benefits, such as increasing the amount of good bacteria in the stomach and reducing infections. This is maybe the reason for being beneficial in the case of yeast infection.
- Consume 1 tablespoon of raw honey 2 times a day.
- Apply topically before bed.
If you decide to use honey as a candida treatment, make sure to use organic honey.
- Coconut oil
Coconut oil has certain unique properties that make it an amazing treatment for vaginal infections. All medium chain fatty acids from the coconut oil can kill bacteria, yeast, and viruses.
- Take 1-2 tablespoon of organic coconut oil once a day.
- Apply topically before bed.
- Tea Tree Oil
In the case of yeast infection, tea tree oil can provide relief from itching, soreness, and irritation. Dr. Weil strongly recommends this marvelous essential oil for yeast infections, because many pharmaceutical antifungal, yeast infection products contain this particular oil.
- Apply some tea tree oil to the affected area 2-3 times per day. You should continue to use it for 2 more weeks after the infection is gone to get rid of the yeast completely.
- You can find 100 % tea tree oil at organic food stores. Alternatively, you can use grapefruit seed extract in the same way as tea tree oil (2-3 times per day).
- Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar, also called mother vinegar, has incredible health benefits, especially when it comes to yeast infections. It can prevent yeast infection and restore the pH level of the vagina. It is rich in proteins, friendly bacteria, and enzymes that can fight vaginal infections successfully.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar in 1 glass of water and drink this 2-3 times per day.
- Prepare a mixture by adding 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar into 1 cup of water and wash your genitals with it.
They are probably the most important part of every yeast infection treatment program. Probiotics are good bacteria that can prevent and treat vaginal infections, as well as slow down or reverse the candida overgrowth.
- Include more probiotics in your diet, as yogurt, sauerkraut, or kefir. Avoid foods that contain sugar.
- Wash your genitals with plain unsweetened bio-yogurt. You can also use Greek yogurt.
These ingredients have great antifungal properties and can be effective remedies for yeast infection. They are completely harmful and can help you prevent or cure the infection. Both women and men can use these natural remedies.
Avoid irritating chemicals and keep the vaginal area dry to prevent yeast infections in women.
Most of the time, symptoms of yeast infection go away with proper treatment. But if the symptoms get worse you need to visit your doctor. Medicines to treat vaginal infections are available as pills, vaginal tablets, creams, suppositories or ointments.
If you liked this article, please like our Facebook page:
You can also follow us on Google+: