Healthy fruit salad can help you lead a healthy lifestyle and lose weight naturally. Even though fruit salads should not make up your entire diet, they are great sources of some essential nutrients. For example, veggies and fruits are packed with vitamin C, which acts as an antioxidant to protect the cells from oxidative damage and is an essential nutrient that keeps your skin and hair strong.
Healthy fruits salad also contains fiber that helps you feel satisfied after meals and helps move food through the system to avoid constipation. Moreover, fruit salad provides beneficial potassium, which is a heart-healthy mineral, as well as orange-red pigments, known as carotenoids that our body turns into vitamin A.
Your Health Tubers Suggestion: Perfect Healthy Fruit Salad
As a nutritionist, I often experiment with food in order to make the healthiest and tastiest choice, and fruits and vegetables are my favorite nutrients. Since we left the big city and moved in this wonderfully peaceful little mountain town, I have my own garden and grow my own organic food, so now I feel like I can take the best of the best and make healthy and tasty meals.
Here I rediscovered the delight of fresh summer fruit salad for breakfast. The recipe combines the convenience of a carefully chosen healthy fruits with the superior taste of a few organic walnuts, and they’re all very low in fat and calories.
In our Your Health Tube – Monday morning meetings, this healthy fruit salad is on the menu this month and never lasts longer than 5 minutes. For the preparation of the healthy fruit salad, I use seasonal fruit that is low in fat and calories. Therefore, it is a great healthy choice for summer, especially if you want to lose weight naturally.
My husband and I are setting up an outdoor party in our backyard and we are planning to prepare this summer fruit salad for our guests. It is healthy and refreshing – ideal for summer parties! Hence, if you want to stay fit, lose weight or just eat something healthy, refreshing, and tasty, Your Health Tubers suggest you make the following healthy fruit salad.
Healthy Fruit Salad Recipe
Summer fruits offer excellent nutrition. Apricots, peaches, strawberries, watermelon, redcurrant, plums… you name it!
For this recipe, I usually use fruits that are beneficial for weight loss and can give you energy. Plus, these fruits have many essential vitamins and minerals that can keep you healthy and fresh during the summer. However, you can include or exclude any fruit you like and make your own combinations.
So, here is our healthy fruit salad recipe idea that you can have for breakfast or as a party dessert:
Ingredients (for one serving):
- 4 medium strawberries
- 1 orange
- 1 banana
- 3 apricots
- 2 peaches
- a few crushed walnuts
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of peanut butter (for decoration)
Wash all the fruits and cut them into pieces. Put the fruits in a medium bowl and combine. Add a few crushed walnuts. Sprinkle a teaspoon of brown sugar and squeeze some lemon juice over the salad. Mix the fruit salad over again. In the end, decorate with a teaspoon of peanut butter and/or organic cocoa cream. I usually use both, organic cocoa cream and peanut butter – see the image of the article.
Voila! Your salad is ready to be eaten.
Why I Chose These Fruits for The Healthy Fruit Salad Recipe?
- Apricots – these delicious fruits are abundant in fiber, especially insoluble that absorbs water and contributes to a feeling of fullness. That’s why apricots are well-suited for low-fat diets.
- Strawberries – Berries forlosing weight may be the new summer slim-down Strawberries are packed with anti-inflammatory enzymes and antioxidants and have enough fiber to boost digestion. Many types of research show that strawberries could stimulate our metabolism and suppress the appetite. These berries can help you control blood sugar and lose weight.
- Peaches – these tasty fruits are the ideal snack food for weight loss. They make you feel full and keep you from overeating. Just one peach contains about 34-49 calories and no fat! Here you can find more health benefits of peaches: LINK
- Orange – consuming oranges more often will help you get the vitamins you need. Orange can provide significant amounts of vitamin C and folate. It is a great choice if you are on some weight-loss diet because orange is low in calories and fat-free. According to a research published in “The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition” (May 2009), people who ate more oranges and other fruits were more likely to lose weight than people who ate less.
- Banana – it has weight loss properties. Just one banana contains about 107 calories and 16.8 gr of carbohydrates. Our body requires carbohydrates for proper body functioning and excess carbohydrates can lead to weight gain. This fruit is also loaded with vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- Lemon – Lemon juice is great for you, especially because it is rich in Vitamin C. This vitamin is really important for your body to fight infections and increase our immunity, especially during winter and summer. In accordance with The Lemon Juice Diet by Theresa Cheung, vitamin C can support digestion and the ideal way to stay fit and lose weight is to remove toxins from the body and keep your digestive system and liver healthy. In general, poor digestion holds back to weight loss by causing build up toxins in your bloodstream, which slows down our metabolism and preventing the body receiving the nutrients it needs. That is where lemon juice comes to the rescue.
- Peanut butter – Callingit a diet food might seem counter-intuitive. However, this food has the desirable combination of protein and fiber and protein that keeps you feeling full longer and you eat less overall. Add a teaspoon of peanut butter into your fruit salad – the carbs and protein will give you a really quick energy spike and mood. According to a 2013 study in the British Journal of Nutrition, eating peanut butter in the morning can help curb your appetite through the day.
- Walnuts – In addition to many other numerous health benefits, walnuts are an important tool in the weight loss process and can even help stave off diabetes. For more health benefits of walnuts and other essential nuts click here: http://yourhealthtube.com/go-totally-nuts-nuts/
Although healthy fruit salad is great for you — and it’s worthwhile to add to a weight loss diet – fruits and salads should not make up your complete meal plan. You would likely lose weight eating fruit or vegetable salads at every meal, but you might also be depriving your body of some essential nutrients you need in order to feel and look your best. Therefore, for a personalized eating plan that will help you reach your diet goals safely, you need to consult a registered dietitian.
Do you like our healthy fruit salad? How often do you make fruit or vegetable salads? Share your opinions and suggestions with us!
Thanks for reading our blog!
thanks so much for the information
you’re welcome 🙂
very use full for health