Epsom salt baths have been used to treat various health ailments by different cultures for centuries. These baths have fantastic health benefits and are an amazing way to distress, detoxify your entire body, and even help you lose extra pounds. However, Epsom salt baths aren’t just beneficial for soothing the body. They are also useful as household cleaners and could even nourish your garden. You could find bulk Epsom salts at many gardening stores, making them a real bargain.
Epsom Salt Baths are really popular in many cultures and beauty salons due to their incredible health benefits. Here are some of the most impressive health benefits of Epsom salt baths:
- Help Cancer Patients
According to “The Truth About Cancer”, magnesium can improve cancer patients’ overall health. Both the fight of being a cancer patient as well as magnesium deficiency in the body are linked to depression symptoms. Taking Epsom salt baths daily could help reduce irritability and anxiety, relieve symptoms of the illness, and improve sleep.
Some other symptoms as constipation (which is a common side effect of chemotherapeutic medications) may also be relieved by taking these remarkable baths. Magnesium promotes gastric activities in the intestines that provide a great laxative effect. The stimulation of movement in the colon and gut further promotes detoxification process.
Sulfates are vital for the optimal health of skin, nervous tissue, and joints. When absorbed through our skin, sulfates promote the wellbeing of these tissues. They also bind toxic impurities in our lives in order to render them less harmful. Specifically, the sulfate salts have a potent sulfur component that binds to toxins, confirming their elimination from our body.
- Reduce Inflammation
Epsom salts have been proven to improve numerous conditions linked with inflammation. Regular Epsom salt baths can treat toenail fungus, athlete’s foot, gout, sprains, bruises, and relax your sore muscles. People struggling with a chronic disease can also find pain relief from these baths.
- Prevent Magnesium Deficiency
Up to 325 enzymes in our bodies require magnesium in order to properly function. This mineral stimulates muscle and nerve function, reduce inflammation, and improve blood flow and oxygenation through the body. Magnesium deficiency may cause significant damage to our nerves that manifest in symptoms linked to depression. Find out 10 super-foods for magnesium deficiency: http://yourhealthtube.com/magnesium-deficiency-foods/
Sulfate and magnesium are both fine consistency minerals, which can be absorbed throughout the skin and taken up in our bloodstream. Just as the skin perspires to eliminate toxins through the pores, these same pores allow minerals in, as well.
Remember the inverse osmosis process in order to understand the process that moves toxins out of your body and then pulls sulfate and magnesium inward. While we soak in bath water with Epsom salts, reverse osmosis occurs to cleanse the body.
- Reduce Weight
Epsom salt can be really beneficial for your weight loss process. One of the main causes of weight gain is deposition of toxins in our body- and Epsom salt (due to its content of magnesium and sulfate) can eliminate toxins and help you burn fat.
In order to reduce extra pounds, add 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt in your bathing water each day. It’s recommended that you start with 1 tablespoon and then, gradually increase the amount to two cups. Remember – if you start off with two or more cups of Epsom salt in your bath you might experience irritability, hyperactivity, and mood swings.
Many experts claim that having detox, salt baths on a daily basis helps reduce weight. However, other professionals suggest that this bath shouldn’t be taken for more than 3 to 4 times per week. Therefore, you need to consult your doctor before taking these baths regularly.
How to Take Epsom Salt Baths?
Turn your magnesium bath treatment into a relaxing time as you will need at least 40-45 minutes to soak in the bath. Within the first 25 minutes of treatment, the salt pulls toxins out of the body through your skin. Next, the second 15-20 minutes allows for the minerals ‘absorption to occur.
First, you should fill up the bath with some warm water. A water filtration system in your house will improve your quality of water, ensuring that you don’t soak in hazardous compounds such as heavy metals, chlorine, fluoride, or dioxins. Then, add the Epsom salt to the water as recommended below for all standard sized bathtubs.
Children weighing less than 60 lbs.:
- Add 1⁄2 cup of Epsom salt into your water
Adults weighing from 60 to 100 lbs.:
- Add 1 cup of Epsom salt into your water
Adults weighing from 100 to 150 lbs.:
- Add1 1⁄2 cup of Epsom salts in the bath
Adults weighing from 150 to 210 lbs.:
- Add 2 cups of Epsom salts in the bath.
Adults weighing more than 210 lbs.:
- Use a half cup of Epsom salt for each 55 lb.
Extra Tips for Getting Maximum Benefits from Your Epsom Salts Bath
- Add spices and herbs − The addition of a piece of ginger or a pinch of cayenne pepper into your bath water can raise the heat levels promoting your body to sweat and spin out more toxins. This is truly beneficial if you want to lose weight. Adding these herbs could stimulate the detoxification paths with as little as one tablespoon up to as much as a half cup.
- Add olive oil to the bath− Add 1⁄2 cup of olive to the bath water. Olive oil contains polyphenols (a potent antioxidant) that make it beneficial to be easily absorbed into your skin. (Note: if you use olive oil in the tub, take some extra precaution to avoid falls and slips.)
- Do not use soap– You should avoid using soap when taking these baths to ensure the components of the soap don’t interact with or even prevent the process of detoxification from occurring.
- Take it easy after that− Taking this bath at night could be most practical to make sure that you will rest for at least an hour after afterward. But, if you have problems with arthritic joints, you might choose to have this wonderful treatment in the morning. That way you can stay active in order to limit achy and fatigued joints.
- Add essential oils– You can turn the Epsom salts bath into an amazing, luxurious spa treatment simply by adding a few drops of essential oils to your water. I personally recommend lavender or orange essential oil. Therapeutic oils can stimulate healing and promote relaxation. Essential oils can even help you burn belly fat – find out more: LINK
You shouldn’t take Epsom salt bath if you are pregnant, have exposed burns or cuts on your skin, or are very dehydrated. Individuals who suffer from some cardiovascular disease should consult a GP before taking these baths.
Magnesium sulfate shouldn’t be used as a laxative without medical advice if you suffer from nausea, severe stomach pain, vomiting, a bowel obstruction, colitis, a perforated bowel, or toxic megacolon.
Epsom salt baths have astonishing health benefits and are a perfect way to distress and detoxify your body.
Unlike some other naturally occurring salts, this salt is formed from a very pure mineral compound containing sulfate and magnesium. These powerful minerals will be absorbed through the skin while taking this bath.
Do you like Epsom salt baths? You can share your experience or some additional tips below in our comments section, or just FLIP IT and share!
If you liked this article, please like our Facebook page:
You can also follow us on Google+: