Mediterranean gluten-free pizza is an ideal food that you should include in your well-balanced diet. No bad oils – no sugar- no carbs – gluten free…the best!
Mediterranean gluten-free pizza is simply good for everyone – for people who want to live healthy, lose weight, prevent obesity and high levels of cholesterol, and people who have non-celiac gluten sensitivity (also known as gluten intolerance). Are you intolerant to gluten? Find more about this condition and symptoms of gluten intolerance: http://yourhealthtube.com/gluten-intolerance-symptoms-natural-treatments/
This pizza recipe is so amazing – I usually prepare it once a week, it’s a real celebration in the kitchen! In this healthy cauliflower pizza, shredded cauliflower is combined with oregano and mozzarella in order to create a flourless crust that echoes the aroma of a traditional pizza. The olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and the Meyer lemon toppings add a sophisticated Mediterranean flavor, but you can also try more traditional pizza toppings, as mushrooms, marinara sauce, and pepperoni.
This Mediterranean gluten-free pizza is a vegetable powerhouse, topped with heavens that not only taste marvelous but is incredibly healthy for you! You can feel the smell of Italian restaurant in your home. Here is the recipe:
Active 40 minutes
Ready in 1 hour and 10 minutes
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
- around 2 pounds/1 medium head cauliflower (trimmed, cut into slight florets)
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (separated)
- 2 Meyer lemons or 1 big regular lemon
- 6 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/3 cup black or green olives (pitted and sliced)
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (in shreds)
- ¼ cup fresh basil (slivered)
- Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 450 °F/ 230 °C. Line a baking paper or pizza pan.
- Put the cauliflower in a food processor (or blender) and pulse till reduced to some rice-size crumbles. Then, place this to a large non-stick skillet and put 1 tablespoon salt and oil. Heat over medium-high. Stir recurrently, until the cauliflower starts to soften slightly (remember – do not let it brown), around 8 – 10 minutes. Next, transfer to a bowl to cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, take a sharp knife and remove the skin and pith from the lemon. Working over a little bowl remove the seeds and drain the juice from the segments (you can save it for another use). Next, add olives and tomatoes to the lemon segments and toss to combine.
- Add mozzarella, oregano, and egg to the cooled cauliflower, then mix them well. Spread this mixture onto the prepared baking paper, modelling into an even ten-inch round. Drizzle the rest of the oil (1 teaspoon) over the top.
- Place the pizza into the oven and bake it until the top begins to brown, about 10-15 minutes. Scatter the olive-lemon mixture over the top and season with some pepper. Then, continue to bake till nicely browned (8-14 minutes more). Remove from the head and scatter some basil over the top. Cut and serve.
Serving size: 1 slice
Per serving: 198 calories; 13 grams’ fat (6 gram saturated); 3 g fiber; 11 g carbohydrates; 12 grams’ protein; 67 mcg folate; 63 mg cholesterol; 0 grams added sugars; 56 mg vitamin C; 586 IU vitamin A; 257 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 485 mg sodium; 459 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: ½
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (26 percent DV); Vitamin C (94 percent DV), Folate (16 percent DV)
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1 ½ medium-fat meat
Eating like Italian, having a heart-healthy eating plan can benefit your life and health a lot. The Italian diet, better known as Mediterranean diet includes the basics of healthy eating – plus a healthy olive oil and sometimes a glass of red wine. Most healthy diets include fish, whole grains, vegetables, and fruits, and limit unhealthy fats. However, these parts of a balanced diet are tried-and-true, the difference in proportion or subtle variations of certain foods could make a difference in your risk of cardiovascular disease. The Mediterranean gluten-free pizza is a healthy pizza choice, ideal for people who lead a healthy life and perfect for those who have gluten intolerance.