Diabetes is a lifetime condition that causes blood sugar level to become excessively high.
There are many people who have blood sugar levels that are above the normal array, but they are not high enough to be identified as having diabetes. This state is known as prediabetes. In case, you have blood sugar levels that are above the normal array, then you are at risk of developing it in future.
Symptoms of Diabetes
According to the American Diabetes Association, these are the most common symptoms:
- Urinating really often
- Feeling starved – even though you are eating
- Feeling thirsty all the time
- Fuzzy vision
- Great fatigue
- Cuts/bumps that are very slow to heal
- Weight loss – although you are eating more (type 1)
- Tingling, numbness, or pain in the feet/hands (type 2)
Type 1 Diabetes
This type is better known as Juvenile Diabetes, it is usually diagnosed in childhood, but it can be also diagnosed in adulthood. People with this type have a pancreas that produces little or no insulin at all, so there is a need for insulin management with medication, which is generally injected.
Type 2 Diabetes
It is a chronic disorder characteristic for adults because always develops in adulthood. About 90 % of diabetics are having type 2 diabetes, meaning that their abilities to produce adequate insulin levels are highly compromised, so they have a significant level of insulin resistance. This can lead to significant increase of various additional conditions, particularly kidney failure, loss of vision, heart disease, and Alzheimer’s.
Aloe Vera, fenugreek seeds, and garlic have been shown to have some of the most effective anti-diabetic properties. Following, you can find why many experts rated these ingredients as top 3 natural remedies for diabetes:
- Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has been used as a natural remedy for centuries, mostly because of its invigorating and soothing effects. Recent studies have proven that aloe Vera can be also used for treatments of diabetes. Here are some of its best benefits:
- Aloe Vera is one of the greatest plants that can regulate our blood sugar levels naturally.
- Regular intake of fresh aloe Vera juice is exceptionally beneficial for stabilizing the quantity of glucose in the bloodstream.
If you consume 2 doses of aloe Vera juice (from 5 ml to 15 ml) each day, the blood sugar level will drop significantly.
Aloe Vera perfectly works for diabetics in combination with a well-balanced and healthy diet. It is very important to consume fresh organic aloe juice once a day, and after a few weeks of consumption, to increase the dose up to 3 teaspoons per day. If you cannot stand the bitter taste, then mix the juice with some honey or stevia.
- Fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek is a plant that cultivates in some parts of Europe and western Asia. It has edible leaves, but its small brown seeds are more famous for their great medicine usage.
Today, fenugreek is generally used to treat: diabetes, loss of appetite, eczema, and high cholesterol. Here are some of its best benefits:
- Fenugreek seeds can be helpful to people with this disease due to their great content of fiber and many other significant chemicals. The fenugreek seeds can also help to improve the way our body uses sugar and therefore, to increase the amount of insulin released.
- Studies have proven that a daily dose of 10 grams fenugreek seeds soaked in warm water can be cooperative in controlling type 2 diabetes.
You can find fenugreek as a spice, a supplement, as a tea, and as a skin cream. Fenugreek is mostly used in Indian-style recipes.
Note: Pregnant women should limit the usage of fenugreek to some small amounts used in cooking due to its potential to induce labor.
Garlic (or allium Sativum) has many antioxidant and microcirculatory properties. Even though just a few types of research have directly linked garlic with blood glucose levels and insulin, results have been extraordinary. Here are its best benefits:
- Garlic can increase secretion, and slow the degradation of insulin.
- It can cause a reduction in blood glucose, and can be used (under the supervision of a doctor) by people who have diabetes, as addition to their regular diet and regime of insulin.
The best way to consume garlic is to crush 1-2 pods and eat it raw on an empty stomach (first thing in the morning). If you find it very pungent to consume just as it is, you can swallow it with a glass of lukewarm water, or take garlic extract pills.
Diabetes is on the rise all around the world, not just as a result of an increased population, but also due to the increasing prevalence of obesity.
The most important thing for this disease is to be diagnosed as early as possible because it will get worse if left untreated.
If you notice any of the symptoms, you should visit your doctor. That does not have to mean you have diabetes, but it’s worth checking, to reduce the chances of developing some serious complications.