These cinnamon bars with cream cheese frosting are so rich, creamy, and delicious! They are so simple and easy to prepare so each time when you want to eat something dolce you can just spend 9 minutes in your kitchen and prepare this tasty dessert and around 20 minutes to bake! Here is the recipe:
Servings 9-12 squares
For the blondies:
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-3 teaspoons cinnamon (reduce to taste if you’re sensitive to cinnamon)
- A pinch of salt
For the frosting:
- 6-ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup (1/2 of 1 stick) softened unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- A pinch of salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cinnamon, for garnishing
To make the blondies:
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Line an 8×8-in. baking pan with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking spray. Leave aside.
- Melt the butter in a heatproof bowl on a low heat or in a microwave (for 1 minute, on high).
- Allow cooling for 1 minute before applying the egg to it (do not scramble it). Now, apply the egg, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and beat until smooth.
- Then, place the flour and salt and stir just to combine (do not overmix).
- Spread batter out into prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula as needed. Bake for around 20-24 minutes, or until top is set in center (test with a toothpick – if it comes out clean of with a few moist crumbs – you are done; do not overbake because they firm up as they cool.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool for at least 1 hour and 30 minutes before frosting.
To make the cream cheese frosting:
- In a large bowl, add the butter, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, salt, and vanilla, and using an electric mixer beat until light and fluffy, around 2-3 minutes.
- Using a spatula, spread frosting over blondies.
- To garnish, sprinkle with cinnamon, slice, and serve.
- Store them in a refrigerator or keep at room temp for up to four days or in the refrigerator for up to one week.