Surprise your mother with this Italian strawberry cream cake for the Mother’s Day and show how much you appreciate her with a nice, sweet dessert. No matter if you are not very good in the kitchen this cake is so simple and easy to make. You will need just 10 minutes. Here is the recipe:
- 1 package graham crackers crumbs (or 500 grams graham crackers, finely chopped)
- 80 grams butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 300 grams fresh strawberries
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 100 ml orange juice
- 250 ml/1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 grams strawberries (optional)
- (First, in a blender, process the graham crackers into fine crumbs.)
- Combine together the crackers crumbs, melted butter, and confectioners’ sugar. Reverse ¾ of the crumbs. In a round serving plate, press evenly the remaining crumbs to create a base. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to set. In the meantime, make the filling.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the heavy cream and sugar into creamy. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, add the strawberries, granulated sugar, and orange juice and heat over medium-high. Stirring occasionally, cook until the strawberries soften and the sugar is melted and you get a nice smooth strawberry syrup. Remove from the heat and let cool down for 5 minutes in the fridge.
- Then, add the strawberry syrup into the cream mixture along with 1 egg yolk and vanilla and whisk until well incorporated.
- Spread over the graham crackers base. Using a plastic spatula, smooth the cake. Sprinkle the reversed crumbs over the top and the sides of the cake.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes to set. Decorate with some strawberries (if desired). Slice and serve.
Buona Festa della Mamma! / Happy Mother’s Day!