I created this recipe for my daughter, she loves cho and she is lactose intolerant. This dessert has a refreshing light texture and it’s perfect for summer.. I wanted to create a vegan version of the traditional British Blancmange. So rather than milk I used oat milk and used vegan chocolate chips. This dessert has a refreshing light texture and it’s perfect for summer.
- 2 heaping tablespoonfuls of corn flour or arrowroot
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of chocolate Oatly or any chocolate vegan beverage
- 1/2 cup Vegan dark chocolate
- Fresh fruit like strawberries or bananas
- Slowly add the chocolate beverage into the corn flour, stirring to make sure there are no lumps
- Once all is blended put on a slow flame stirring constantly until thick. About 10 minutes. Make sure it’s evenly blended
- Add chocolate while mixture is still hot and continue stirring until well mixed.
- Serve chilled with fruit
- Guess what there is no more! But the good news is it takes minutes to make.
Recipe contributed by Janette Spreyer